The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Sunday 30 October 2011

Almond-Apricot Bread

Gluten-Free Bread just keeps getting better. Imagine the kind of bread you might get at a rustic bed and breakfast with a warm and slightly sweet loaf waiting for you.....





2/3 cup of chestnut flour
1/3 cup of cornstarch
1/3 cup of tapioca starch
1/3 cup of potato starch
1/3 cup of oat bran mixed with flax seeds
1/4 cup of dried milk powder
3 tablespoons of sugar or sweetener

1 cup of water
1 egg plus an extra egg white
1/2 teaspoon of cider vinegar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
3 Tablespoons of oil

1 1/2 teaspoons of xantham gum
1 teaspoon of gelatin
2 1/4 teaspoons of yeast
1 teaspoon of salt

[1/2 cup of chopped apricots and flaked almonds]

Mix all of the wet ingredients together, put them in the bread machine, then add the dry ingredients except for the yeast. Make a little thumbprint and add the yeast inside. Or follow the instructions of your bread machine. (Add 1/2 cup of flaked almonds and chopped apricots according to how your bread machine handles additional ingredients)

No comments:

Post a Comment