The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Monday 30 January 2012

Birthday Cake

March is birthday month in our family, so I'm just preparing.....here is a healthy cake for all.

200 grams of amy ruth's baking mix
1/4 cup of sugar replacement
1/3rd cup of oil (1/2 cup if you don't want the potential of someone saying it's dry)
1/2 cup of yogurt
1/2 cup of pear puree
1/3rd cup of agave syrup
2 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

Mix the dry and wet ingredients together. Bake in your favorite cake pan for 30 minutes at 350/180 or until toothpick comes out clean
Fill with whipped cream or frosting if you'd like!

1 comment: