The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Thursday 26 January 2012

Gluten Free Granola Bran Muffin

Here is a bran muffin without any "bran" so those who are true coeliacs don't have to worry about cross contamination from oats. I use more flax and chia to make up for bran. I wanted a muffin that was strictly for breakfast, something that was healthy tasting with breakfast texture, so this muffin isn't like a cupcake.

2/3rd cup of amy ruth's baking mix
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/3rd cup of gluten free granola
1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
1/3 cup of ground chia
2 eggs plus one egg white
1/4 cup of soy milk (or any substitute)
1/3rd cup of sugar substitute
1/4 cup of oil

Jake, do you like these so much that you want to share with elmo or are you trying to get rid of them?? This was my husband's last muffin batch before a 5 day juice fast so these didn't last 2 days in my kitchen. Good luck my dear:)



Mix wet and dry ingredients together, Bake in muffin tins, makes approximately 8 full muffins,
at 350/180 for twenty minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment