The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Monday 17 October 2011

Chestnut Flour Muffins

On a recent trip to New York, my mother made my blueberry muffin recipe from this blog, added one mashed banana, and they were delicious. Along with that, she bought a bag of chestnut flour that I could experiment with. So in the midst of fatigue and jet-lag at 5am, I made a batch of muffins primarily made of chestnut flour. This flour could be a new favorite!!

1 cup of chestnut flour
1/2 cup of potato starch
1/8 cup of flax seeds
1 teaspoon of xantham gum
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of apple puree
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of yogurt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
dash of salt
1/2 cup of cut up strawberries
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of sweetener or sugar (to taste)

Mix wet ingredients together and add to mixed dry ingredients. Mix until smooth. Fold in the strawberries or any fresh or dried fruit of choice. Bakes approximately 10 muffins. Bake at preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment