The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Saturday 7 January 2012

Chocolate with Chia please

When I'm in the mood for a chocolate fix ANY time of the day, these work perfectly.

Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/3 cup of shredded coconut if you want to make them more of an afternoon treat....

1 1/2 cups of amy ruth's baking mix (source of the chia!)
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 cup of sugar or sweetener
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/4 cup of oil
1/4 cup of pear puree
1/3 cup of almond milk (or soy)
1/4 cup of coffee (room temperature)
2 tablespoons of agave syrup

Mix the dry into the wet ingredients, makes 10 muffins
Bake at 350 degrees

for 20 miniutes

1 comment: