The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Thursday 5 January 2012

Superfood Green Smoothie


So what else do I eat besides my own muffins??

This is the shake I whip up every morning before I chow down on one of my muffins.

1 cup of berries or papaya
1 teaspoon of lecithin granules
1 tablesopon of flax or milled chia seeds
1 heaping tablespoon of protein powder
1 packet of green vegetable powder
2 to 3 cups of water

You may say,...YUCK...but I'm half asleep and thirsty when I drink this so I actually enjoy it. The reward......my muffin and a coffee:)

1 comment:

  1. I am looking for some gluten free recipes will be back later on to discuss. Smoothie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete