The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Friday 9 September 2011

Gluten Free Bread that even your mother- in-law will love

I do love my husband's mother. She's a wonderful baker. But she, like many others, think that gluten free bread tastes "gluten free." Millet and almond flour give this a sweet and healthy taste. Using tricks like gelatin and xanthan gum will make you say goodbye to any gluten-free tasting bread! The last day of my summer in La Jolla, I made my mother-in-law taste it. If only I had a tape recorder as she said "this is good."
Cinnamon makes the whole house smell amazing and the day it's baked, my toddler goes nuts for it!



2 cups of amy ruth's baking mix
1 teaspooon of unflavored gelatin
2 tablepoons of sugar or sweetener. (I use erythritol and I use 3 to make a sweeter bread)
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/4 cup of dry buttermilk powder
2 1/4 teaspoons of dry yeast granules
1 egg plus 1 egg white
1/2 teaspooon of cider vinegar
1 cup of water
3 tablespoons of oil

Using a bread machine, follow the directions of your own bread machine as each is different. With mine, I put in all of the wet ingredients first. Then pour the dry ingredients on top without the yeast. Make a little well in the dry ingredients and put the yeast inside. Do a regular loaf setting. (With my machine, it took 3 and 3/4 hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment