The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Saturday 23 July 2011

Delicious Gluten Free Bread!

Since I have some free time spending the summer in La Jolla, I decided to discover how to make some amazing batches of gluten free bread that anyone would love. I prefer Genius bread in London to Udi's in the States. But I'm on the quest to beat both of them. This recipe was done in a bread machine. Light, brown, healthy, crusty, all the things you want your bread to be.

1 ¼ cup of almond milk
2 Tablespoons of sugar
1 Tablepoon of active dry yeast
½ cup of millet flour
½ cup sorghum flour
1 cup potato starch
½ cup tapioca flour
½ cup flax meal
1 ¼ t xanthan gum
1 ¼ t guar gum
2 Tablespoons of maple syrup
3 eggs
3 Tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 Tab;espoon honey
1 Tablespoon of juice (I used lemonade)
1/8 cup of ground pecans
2 teaspoons of cinnamon

PS. Baby Jake isn't a fan of bread but he ate a whole piece when it was freshly baked....

1 comment:

  1. I love the bread in London. Yours sounds so healthy. My youngest son is allergic to nuts so this won't work for my family,but it sounds great. I just made some pumpkin bread with sorgum and garfava. It did not turn out like I wanted. I am a little out of practice.

    ReplyDelete