The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Baby Biscuits or Scones



I can't go from London to La Jolla without a "proper" scone recipe using my flour and making it as healthy and delicious as possible! As you can see from our morning playdate, they were a hit with the babes! Thank you Colt and Charlotte for being my toddler testers!

Recipe:
2 cups of amy ruth's flour blend
1/4 cup of sugar or sweetener of choice
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 cup of pear puree
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/8 cup of coconut milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Mix all dry ingredients and then whisk that together with the wet ingredients until mixed into a ball of dough. Roll out dough on a "gluten free" floured board and cut out mini scone shapes. Place on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Bake in a pre-heated 180/375 degree oven for 15 minutes, rotating cookie sheet half way through.

Makes 12 baby biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment