The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Thursday 7 July 2011

Chocolate Cherry Cake

When I think of summer fruits as as child, the first thing that comes to mind are big, red, sweet and firm cherries. My brother and I had a ritual of searching for the ones with the stems joined together and saving them since they were the "good luck" ones. Today, Uncle Jason eats cake for breakfast so this chocolate cherry cake is for him.

1 1/2 cups of amy ruth's flour
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of brewed espresso
3 eggs
1/2 cup of pear puree



1/2 cup of yogurt
1/3 cup of maple syrup
1/3 cup of sugar or sweetener of choice
1/4 cup of oil
1/2 cup of pitted cherries

Mix the dry ingredients together and then beat in the wet ingredients until completely mixed. Fold in the pitted cherries. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven in a 9 by 5 loaf pan for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it looks so delicious! I will have to give that recipe a try.Thanks for sharing this blog..........
    Gluten Free Recipes

    ReplyDelete