The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Friday 18 November 2011

Muesli Muffins!



These muffins are great because most of the work is done the night before when you soak the gluten free muesli of your choice with yogurt! And they're toddler approved:)

1 cup of muesli
1 cup of amy ruth's baking mix
1/4 cup of yogurt (you can choose any percentage of fat and either cow or goat)
1/4 cup of oil
10 ounces of coconut milk, water or soy milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/3 cup of sweetener

The night before, soak 1/4 cup of yogurt and 10 ounces of coconut milk with the muesli and flour.
The next day, add the raising agents to the muesli mixture. Then add an egg, 1/4 cup of oil, vanilla extract and 1/3 cup of sweetener.
Mix it all together and put in lined muffin tins. They bake for approximately 20 minutes at 180 C.

1 comment:

  1. Amy Ruth! Thank you for your egg replacement suggestion of 1:3 Ground Flax Seed:Water. I mixed 1 tsp of ground flax seed with 3 tsp of water and substituted it for an egg in a pancake recipe. My little girl with an egg-allergy finally got to eat mommy's and daddy's pancakes on Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete