The Gluten-Free Flour Mom

My photo
Almost fifteen years ago, I used to bake brown rice flour muffins so I had a healthy snack on hand at school. Since then, my baking has come a long way. I've decided to get to the heart of these ancient grains that make delicious and nutritious gluten-free flours. I keep tweaking my own blend, made with teff, quinoa and brown rice flour. I love baking for my friends and customizing the recipes so that anyone with an allergy can enjoy them!

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Coconut flour Muffin Tops

I'm a muffin girl, but the best part of a muffin is eating off the top. When I was a teenager, my mother and I would stop into Wild Oats for a morning glory muffin and coffee. I loved the tops, the bigger and floppier the top, the better. As it's a strange storming day here in London, I feel that baby Jake will have to put up with my experimentation as I make chocolate coconut muffin tops. We won't be off to the garden today!

1/4 cup of coconut flour
1/8 cup of my gluten free blend
1/8 cup of potato starch
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
2 eggs


1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
1/4 cup of coconut milk
1/4 grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/8 cup sugar or sweetener
1/4 cup or chocolate chips
Bake as you would bake cookies, but they will come out like fluffy muffin tops! yields 9

ps. Baby Jake seems to like them! As you see, although you can put real sugar here, I don't use white sugar for us.

1 comment:

  1. Ah what a cute baby and what a yummy recipe.
    Very clever!

    ReplyDelete